Re: Restoring from Cold Backup

From: GREGORY KNESER <gregoryk_at_futures.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: 26 Sep 2001 19:50:44 GMT

I've tried to detail our resolution, the last thing was that we installed 8.1.7 when the version was 8.1.6 originally, so going back to 8.1.6 fixed the last problems.

Thanks for the help,
Greg

GREGORY KNESER (gregoryk_at_futures.wharton.upenn.edu) wrote:
: Hello,

: I am running Oracle on Windows NT and my machine crashed. Fortunately, I
: have a cold backup. Unfortunately, I had to wipe my machine to bring it
: back up. Can anyone help me understand how to re-install the cold backup
: files into my newly created database?

: Thanks!
: Greg