DB Restore

From: mwallace <noway_at_mycomp.oth.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:09:42 +0100

Need help with a restore please.
According to our networks department, the backup software on the server would have no problem backing up the database on the server. Server went down. Restored from backup and what do you know, no control files... So besides me being stupid not to check etc, etc... I need help to recover...

Recreated control files with the
{create controlfile} command
this seemed to work ok.

Now can't get the database to open.
tried the following
startup pfile=... open recover
and recieve error
ORA-01610: recovery using the BACKUP CONTROLFILE option must be used

tried
RECOVER DATABASE USING BACKUP CONTROLFILE and then it is looking for files ...\RDBMS\ARC66567.001 to apply against the database.
which we don't have so it fails again...

I don't care about any app data, I just need to get pl/sql code, and table layouts etc out of the DB.
This information has been static for at least two weeks before the DB went down. So it is definitly saved and not sitting in a redo log or anything.

I basically need to force the database to open. I don't care about applying redo-logs, etc,etc ...

Please Help....
Thanks
Mark Received on Wed Sep 26 2001 - 10:09:42 CDT