Oracle8i reinstallation

From: K. C. <the_ada_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Sep 2001 17:57:29 -0700

I've installed Oracle8i on WinNT running Microsoft cluster. The database engine itself is located on the local drive of the server and the datafiles, control files...etc are located on the SAN. Due to some reason, I have to reinstall the database engine. I've backed up all the datafiles, control files...etc. My question is, after I reinstalled the database engine, can I simply restore all the datafiles and control files to the original locations and then create tablespaces that point to these datafiles? For example, right now I have a tablespace called TS_1 and the datafile is G:\ORACLE\TS_1.DAT. After I reinstalled the database, can I create TS_1 in the new database and point it to G:\ORACLE\TS_1.DAT again? If not, what is the easiet way to restore everything?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

KC Received on Tue Sep 25 2001 - 19:57:29 CDT