Open Client Adapter (OCA) connection error

From: MT <Wake-Up_at_its-your-world.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 23:29:23 +0200

Hello Everyone:

Sorry for the cross-post but I am trying to get to the broadest audience on this one and I am not sure exactly where it belongs.

I have installed Forms, OCA and SQL*Plus with the corresponding 8.0.6 client.

I have no problem connecting to my Databases but the problem arises when I try to connect to and ODBC source through either Forms or SQL*Plus.

I constantly get the following error when I try to connect using login/password_at_odbc:datasource

ORA-00022 invalid session ID; access denied

The error message appears 4 times every time I try to log on.

I have tried this on Win NT and W2K with the same results. I have tried several data sources (Access, DBase, SQLServer even Oracle). Also tried file,user and system data sources but to no avail. However, all the sources work perfectly with the ODBC Tester.

I have tried running an ODBC trace with no luck (i.e., nothing obvious to me anyways).

Here is the strange part: I can still execute SQL statement and even DESCRIBE commands after the connect and the error messages. The problem is that the COPY command in SQL*Plus no longer works and the errors keep coming up in Forms on connection.

Can anybody help me with this?

Regards,
MT Received on Tue Sep 25 2001 - 16:29:23 CDT