Re: ?iso-8859-1?Q?Install Ora7 and Ora8 together?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 25 Sep 2001 05:56:51 -0700

"mpinzuti" <mpinzuti_at_virgilio.it> wrote in message news:<3B6A917100027C79_at_ims2a.cp.tin.it>...
> On my PC I've installed Oracle7 but now I'd like to install the release
> Oracle8 as well. Of course I'd choose a different path for installing
> the new release and I wonder if both of them will be able to coexist
> with no matters for the old release. Is it possible o some files are in
> common between the two releases?
>
> Thanks in advance

Of course there are, but those files are the C runtime library and the OLE library provided c/o Windoze.
Please read the installation manual with respect to any issues there are (none).
Oracle 8.0 will soon be fully desupported, Oracle 7 has been desupported.
Don't know what you're up to, especially as 8i has so many useful features, you feel handicapped without them.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Sep 25 2001 - 07:56:51 CDT