Please Help --> ASP & Oracle numbers

From: James Alger <james.alger_at_bt.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 13:30:35 +0100

Could anybody please help me. I am using a ODCB connection to an oracle database, and trying to print out some details to my page.

     If I attempt to use the method below to print out a string variable from the database then it works. However, if I try the same code to print out a number variable (DBID- It does exist, and it is a number) it responds with

> The Database ID: error '80020009'
> Exception occurred.
> ?

       on the web page. I have attempted the same thing using an Access database instead of an Oracle database, and it works with no problem. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

The Page:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE> Tserver Selection </TITLE>
</HEAD>

<%
'Set up connection to the database.
Set Con = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") Con.Open "DSN=TestProg;UID=password;PWD=password;"

Set RS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") RS.ActiveConnection = Con

RS.Open = "SELECT DBID FROM CFG_DN"
%>

The Database ID:

<%=RS( "DBID" )%>

</BODY>
</HTML> Received on Tue Sep 25 2001 - 07:30:35 CDT