BLOBs over xxx bytes truncated to null?!

From: Luis Sanchez <luiss_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:00:19 -0400

I'm running some code (JDBC actually) which stores some data in a BLOB. This code has worked well for two years against DB2 databases on different flavors of Windows, AIX, and Linux.

Attempts to run it against an Oracle Database have proved frustrating. When I commit a transaction, if the size of the data going into a BLOB in the database is greater than "about" 1792 bytes, the value is committed as a NULL. As long as the size of the data is less than about 1792 it will correctly commit the data.

Any hint? tips? I'm not an Oracle DBA and based on all the configuration work I had to do to get my code to run as far as it did, I'm suspecting I've not set something up correctly. Received on Mon Sep 24 2001 - 11:00:19 CDT