Mr. Ellisons Identification Card

From: David McKee <dmckee_at_managedobjects.REMOVE.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 09:58:54 GMT

Mr. Ellison,

This concerns the report about your statement in Mercury News (http://www.siliconvalley.com/docs/news/svfront/ellsn092301.htm)

Your ideas concerning compulsory identification cards for the citizens of the United States of America demonstrates that you are unable or unwilling to grasp the concepts of freedom as laid down by the forefathers of our country. The freedoms and principles guaranteed by our constitution are the very things that were attacked by the terrorists on September 11, 2001. They did not succeed; however, if you get your wish for an ID card for all citizens, then you will have succeeded for them. Those who control these ID’s will now effectively control the movement of our citizens.

Oh, and lets not forget to mention the fact that your company will profit substantially from the processing of these ID’s. The eagerness in which you offered “free” software to set up these ID’s is matched only by the knowledge of the future returns you will gain by their use.

I, for one, sincerely hope you rethink your position on this issue.

David T. McKee
September 9, 24, 2001 Received on Mon Sep 24 2001 - 04:58:54 CDT