Re: sqlplus foo/bar@baz works; connect foo/bar@baz doesn't

From: Rene Nyffenegger <rene.nyffenegger_at_gmx.ch>
Date: 24 Sep 2001 00:06:04 -0700

> One possibility ( which I think you have addressed) is that your SqlPlus uses a different tnsnames.ora ( if you PATH has more
> than one (Oracle_home)/bin entry, SqlPlus will run from the first one and that Oracle_home/network/admin is where it will
> look for the tnsnames.ora file;once connected this could change depending on where you are on the client while in SqlPlus

I have only one tnsnames.ora file on the entire machine, and I have only one sqlnet.ora file on the entire machine. %PATH% looks right. tnsnames.ora doesn't contain anything (except that all lines start with the hash # character). So, the client (sqlplus) finds the server through sqlnet.ora

If someone, _anyone_, could help me on that matter, I'd be more than thankful.

Rene Received on Mon Sep 24 2001 - 02:06:04 CDT