Re: Help installing Oracle 8i personal edition w/Windows ME????

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 17:35:18 GMT

Raheen Ballard wrote:

> Hi! I've installed in Win98 perfectly fine, but my friend tried to install
> it w/Win ME, and it gives him some sort of directory
> error...nomatter where he points it to install at! Has anyone else run into
> this sort of problem? I tried to go to Oracle's site for some help, but the
> link I think I needed was broken....thanks for any help!
>
> --
> Check out my 1st site! (Flash)
> http://members.home.net/rballard34/intro
> Sign the guestbook if you like!
>
> -Rah

WinME is not supported by Oracle 8i. It won't install, and there is no way to make it install if the operating system is WinME.

However, there is a way around this. Install Win98SE, Install Oracle 8i and then Upgrade to WinME. I've done this and everything seems to function normally. The problem seems to be with Oracle Universal Installer. Received on Sun Sep 23 2001 - 12:35:18 CDT