Re: Oracle Personal Edition - need help (newbie)

From: J. Fleck <fleckj__at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 21:44:10 +0200

A few months ago I downloaded the enterprise version and it worked fine. I played with it for a few weeks then I stopped. A week ago I really needed it but it no longer worked (a database file was missing). Tried re-installing. Only got problems. Uninstalled everything. Downloaded the personal edition. Tried to install. Nothing but problems. The uninstaller seems to leave the all sorts of rubbish in the registry which does not allow you to re-install. Good software if you install it alright the first time but otherwise just a load of shit.