Re: update with subselect

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 21 Sep 2001 13:03:09 -0500

On 21 Sep 2001, tomsonn_at_gmx.net wrote:

> update
> rep_account
> set
> rep_account.percentage =
> rep_account.debit /
> ( select

Just a guess.

Could the "/" at the end of a single line be confusing PL/SQL? Try concatenating the bottom two lines to end up with:

 update

    rep_account
 set

    rep_account.percentage =
      rep_account.debit / ( select

I've always thought that the "/" had to be the only character on a line and at the beginning of that line, but maybe its the culprit.

--
Galen Boyer
It seems to me, I remember every single thing I know.