Re: Geting Time in milliseconds

From: Steve <alan_bo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Sep 2001 06:51:15 -0700

spider_at_zvartnots.am (Tigran Sardaryan) wrote in message news:<b271c2ce.0109200509.74d8a0b0_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hello :)
>
> I have 2 procedures like this
>
> procedure p1 is
> begin ... end;
>
> procedure p2 is
> begin
> p1;
> end;
>
> I want to get p1 procedure running time in p2 in milliseconds
> and post it to output.
>
> How I can do that ?
>
> Thanks

The dbms_utility.get_time() is not what we want here for milliseconds. This is very simple in oracle 9i, it has a built-in type for time including milliseconds. But before, you have to write a JAVA or C external function to do that, and it is not very complicated though.

Thanks Received on Fri Sep 21 2001 - 08:51:15 CDT