Making a quetry to retrieve information about a chain of conc. requests

From: E.R.Geem <ergeem_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Sep 2001 12:25:18 -0700

Hi all,
To trace processes (requests) better I want to make a printable list of a request and the child spawned processes. Example:
When you launch a MPS or MRP run ((Manufacturing) it starts a lot of processes.
I want to have a list of the child processes in running order (whith statuses, times etc.).
The initial query is not that difficult, something about: select

  fcr.request_id,
  fcr.parent_request_id,
  fcr.description,
  fcp.USER_CONCURRENT_PROGRAM_NAME,
  fcr.ARGUMENT_TEXT,
  fcr.COMPLETION_TEXT,
  fcr.request_date,
  fcr.ACTUAL_START_DATE,
  fcr.ACTUAL_COMPLETION_DATE,
  fcr.argument5
from
  fnd_concurrent_requests     fcr,

  FND_CONCURRENT_PROGRAMS_TL fcp
where
  fcr.CONCURRENT_PROGRAM_ID = fcp.CONCURRENT_PROGRAM_ID and fcr.program_application_id = fcp.application_id

But the problem arise when I want to integrate the child process checking request_id and parent_request_id. If id 1 spawns id 2 and 3,
id 2 spawns 4,
id 3 spawns 5 and 6,
id 6 spawns 8

I want the whole tree info about all the started jobs in the chain starting with id 1 (given by hand).

Has anyone any help or maybe done something like this?

Will be very gratefull!!!

Keep cool.

E. Received on Thu Sep 20 2001 - 14:25:18 CDT