Re: sqlplus foo/bar@baz works; connect foo/bar@baz doesn't

From: TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 09:41:14 -0500

No you dont...DB_LINKs are a different animal altogether....

One possibility ( which I think you have addressed) is that your SqlPlus uses a different tnsnames.ora ( if you PATH has more than one (Oracle_home)/bin entry, SqlPlus will run from the first one and that Oracle_home/network/admin is where it will look for the tnsnames.ora file;once connected this could change depending on where you are on the client while in SqlPlus