How to access oracle function with ADO (VB)

From: Tobias Handschuck <this-berlin_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:34:43 +0200

How can I access an oracle function with ADO (VB)? I've tried with

objCmd.CommandText = "function_xy"
objCmd.CommandType = 4    'AdoEnums.CommandType.STOREDPROC
objCmd.Parameters.Refresh
objCmd.ActiveConnection = srv

Set objRS = CreateObject("adodb.recordset") objRS = objCmd.Execute

The error that comes up is PLS 00221 (function_xy is not a procedure or is undefined).
Within C++ it is possible to execute this function with the same command type.

ideas?

--
Tobias Handschuck