sqlplus foo/bar@baz works; connect foo/bar@baz doesn't

From: Rene Nyffenegger <rene.nyffenegger_at_gmx.ch>
Date: 19 Sep 2001 00:07:40 -0700

Hi

I have this weird problem on W2K: If I open a cmd box and type
sqlplus foo/bar_at_baz, I can connect to baz as foo, as expected. But if I do a
connect foo/bar_at_baz
in the (same) sqlplus prompt I get an ORA-12154 error (german: TNS: Der Service Name konnte nicht aufgeloest werden, english translation would be something like TNS: could not resolve service name)

SQLPLUS is 9.0.1.0.1 for Windows, while
the DB Server is 8i on HP.

What can cause this?

AHA
Rene Received on Wed Sep 19 2001 - 02:07:40 CDT