Re: Deduplication of records

From: GREGORY KNESER <gregoryk_at_futures.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: 18 Sep 2001 19:56:36 GMT

Raymond de Ligt (rdl_at_dss.nl) wrote:
: Hi Everybodu, does anyone have some information about how to deduplicate
: records in databases, example how does one prevent that he gets the same
: person Mr. Johnson more than once in the system , once as Mr. Johnson and
: the other time as Mr. Johnsson.
:
: I'm doing this on a Magic system and a oracle Dbase

Well then...just use some Magic, right?

Wow, thanks for your applause, be sure to tip your waitresses, the 9:00 show is completely different, I'll be here all week.

I don't know about Magic, but I do know that Oracle supports a "sounds like" function that could allow you to check for similar sounding entries.

Greg Received on Tue Sep 18 2001 - 14:56:36 CDT