Importing Access into Oracle

From: GREGORY KNESER <gregoryk_at_futures.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: 18 Sep 2001 16:19:37 GMT

I'm in a situation where we have data in an Access database that is maintained by another group. We're trying to set up a connection to this database from oracle to get some data out of it without requiring the owners of the Access database to do anything. We are using a webserver to control the process (kick off stored procs) and we could just as easily do something from the webserver if that helped (e.g. get data via odbc, dump it to a text file, sql*loader it into the Oracle). The e.g. being the one way I've thought of...but it seems like there should be an easier way.

Thanks for your help,
Greg Received on Tue Sep 18 2001 - 11:19:37 CDT