Reports 6i questions

From: Benetnasch <benetnasch_at_blimey.co.uk>
Date: 18 Sep 2001 03:44:01 -0700

I have a few questions about Reprts 6i which I'd be grateful if someone could answer. I've inherited a load of reports to support and whilst not having any previous use of 6i, have used 2.5 extensively.

  1. In a format trigger, if there's some code like this:

if <condition> then
  return (FALSE);
else
  return (TRUE);
end if;
return (TRUE);

... what gets returned if the condition is true? Does it pass FALSE as soon as it hits the "return" statement, or does it get to the end of the code before it returns a
value?

2. If I wish to print a report as Postscript in the font Arial, what do I need to set the vertical and horizontal units of the character cell size to?

3. I have a report which have several fields which have a "speech bubble" icon displayed with them. I've tried to find out what this means, but can't find anything in the Help and the fields' properties don't look any different to any others. What does this icon mean?

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

Benetnasch Received on Tue Sep 18 2001 - 05:44:01 CDT