Managing SSL using PL/SQL?

From: Terri I. <teresni_at_ucia.gov>
Date: 17 Sep 2001 13:05:42 -0700

I have some code that is supposed to generate some XML using data from an Oracle database. It will then transmit that data over SSL to another (non-Oracle) server. The code so far is written in PL/SQL. Since the code is not run from the browser (instead, the code is launched server-side), I cannot take advantage of the browser managing the handshaking needed to use SSL.
Are there packages/procedures/functions available via the PL/SQL API to manage an SSL connection, or must the code be written in Java using its JSSE classes??

The only reference to SSL I can find in the PL/SQL documentation refers to LDAP connections, which I do not have..... Received on Mon Sep 17 2001 - 15:05:42 CDT