Upgrade 8.0.6.x to 8.1.7.x

From: Vince Laurent <vlaurent_at_NOSPAMPLEASE.networkusa.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 14:41:07 -0500

I am looking through the 8.1.7 install docs and it states that I need 1.8G on $ORACLE_HOME, 1G on /oracle/stage and 100M on /tmp free space. Well, the systems I have have a bit more than that BUT the earlier version of Oracle is there. Can I remove the earleir version (after a backup of course) then do the install or are there things I might need from the older version to move data to the new one?

Thanks Received on Mon Sep 17 2001 - 14:41:07 CDT