Internal password works with "Internal" but not "system"

From: Stephen B <stephen.bell_at_cgi.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 08:27:39 -0400

Hi all,

We have set up five machines with 8.1.7 Enterprise Edition and created a database
on each.

Two of the five will not allow the user to connect system/oracle as sysdba...those two will allow the user to connect internal using 'oracle' as the password..

I know how to change the internal password..my question is that I thought that by default, the internal password
applied to both the "internal" and the "system" user and again by default therefore they should be able to
connect system/oracle as sysdba..

The error we get is "insufficient privileges"....

Any thoughts are much appreciated..

Steve Received on Mon Sep 17 2001 - 07:27:39 CDT