Re: oracle download problems

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 22:33:19 +0200

"ewu" <neurite_at_excite.com> wrote in message news:e9d53517.0109161214.4eaf530e_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone ever succeeded in downloading Oracle8i?
>
> I have been trying for more than a dozen times. I have a DSL
> connection here (download reached 120k bps). I have tried to download
> from IE 5.5, Netscape 6.1. Have also used GetRight, Net Ants,
> Download Accelerator, SmartDownload. I have tried with Oracle8i
> enterprise and personal edition. The best situation I got is 97%
> done, but never could be resumed. What a frustrating experience with
> Oracle!
>
> Any suggestion is welcome here.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric

You can order it for shipping costs (some $45, IIRC) at the Oracle Store, if you are an US citizen, or contact your local sales office, when outside the US, to do the same.
Using getright is recommended by Oracle, and once I used Getright the problems where over, and I have mere 56K ISDN line. Must be something on your end of the line.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Sun Sep 16 2001 - 15:33:19 CDT