Oracle database fails to start in WinXP

From: bugsy <bugsy_at_asia.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 04:47:16 +0800

Hi,

I've installed oracle 8i (8.1.6) on my winXP pro alongside with SQL server. However, the service for Oracle does not seem to be able to startup. It is having 'Starting' status. I've deleted the service and recreated the service using oradim and it started fine. However, on the next boot, the same incident happens again.

any ideas anyone??

Thanks!
BUGSY Received on Sat Sep 15 2001 - 15:47:16 CDT