Re: Importing an old dumpfile from 7.3.3 to 8.1.7, possible ???

From: Manuela Mueller <520040906697-0001_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 21:31:18 +0200

>Hi
>
>i have an old Oracleserver 7.3.3 and i want to uppgrade to my new
>server 8.1.7.
>Exported out to .dmp file with exp73 and tryed to import into 8.1.7
>with the new imp.exe but no luck.
>
>Is there any easyer way to do this ?
>
>can any one help me ?
>
>/Mattias
>promaster_at_iname.com

Hi Mattias,
for further help, please provide your error messages during the import. In the meantime a link to Oracle Documentation, perhaps this may be helpful.
http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/server.817/a76955/ch02.htm#3825

...Have a nice day
Manuela Mueller Received on Sat Sep 15 2001 - 14:31:18 CDT