Re: Oracle installation on Linux Mandrake 8.0

From: Nicolas Bronke <nb_at_trinity.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 18:27:21 +0200

> I would like to install Oracle 8.0i on a Linux Mandrake 8.0 distribution.

Did you read the installation instructions?

On 8.1.7 you will read that their are some patches necessary around g-libc. One update you will find on the ftp-sites for mandrake 8 support (refer to their homepage, there you will find the patches) and another from Oracle itself.

As I remember, the first is generally necessary so that the installation starts (choose without installing the database) and the second is for running dbassist.

Refer also to the mandrake newsgroup. There has been already such problem discussed.

Regards

Nicolas Received on Fri Sep 14 2001 - 11:27:21 CDT