Re: How to start with ORACLE?

From: dolfan dave uyemura <dolfandave_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 03:53:42 GMT

Hi,
Along w/ those things mentioned you may consider taking a relational database class like at a local JC or State University. I am in Southern California and took extension classes at Cal State Fullerton(am continuing to do so as well) and though I had taken prior classes, am enjoying them thoroughly. I am taking one on PL/SQL programming now and plan on taking part two of five of the OCP Developer track exams later this year. I passed OCP 1 last month. This reply is w/ not knowing whether you want to be a DBA or Developer but the basics for the OCP are the same. Also, I am not sure what your past experience is; mine is only classroom.

dave