Re: Fast execution of SQL queries

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 22:52:16 +0200

"Félix" <fgaitero_at_e-netfinger.com> wrote in message news:9no4os$bj3$1_at_talia.mad.ttd.net...
> Hello, I'd like to know if there is a way
> to know the time of execution of a SQL query
> because I'm creating indexes and I want to
> know if they're going to be more efficient than not
> to use them in some queries.
> Thanks

in sql*plus : set timing on.
Of course if you have timed_statistics=true (if you don't have that in init.ora, just issue alter system set timed_statistics = true) and trace the session
(alter session set sql_trace = true)
this will together with tkprof provide much more useful info than timing alone.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Wed Sep 12 2001 - 15:52:16 CDT