ORACLE 7.3.4 + NIS (SOLARIS 5.5)

From: Marjorie Burghart <marjorie.burghart_at_mom.fr>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 16:55:47 +0200

I have an ORACLE 7.3.4 which runs over SOLARIS 5.5 This computer is a NIS client.
OACLE seems to have been compiled with this option in the env_network.mk file:

LIBNIS=$(NETLIBHOME)/libntnis.a
NIS=yes
NISEXEC=tns2nis
TNNFGNIS=tnnfgy
NISINS=nisna
NISFLAG=-DNNFG_USENIS

If I desactivate NIS client on this computer ORACLE server runs with error message at startup:
"can't communicate with ypbind"

Can I reconfigure ORACLE to prevent it from searching for the NIS server when it starts ?

PS:
It seems there is no sqlnet.ora file on this implementation of OARCLE 7.3.4.
So that I can't use the option NAMES.AUTHENTIFICATION_SERVICE=(DNS) Received on Tue Sep 11 2001 - 09:55:47 CDT