ora-4098 error

From: Simon Cunningham <cs40_at_gre.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 12:43:37 +0100

Hi

I just set up a database 817 on NT4 using the database wizard.

Created a test user and created a table. When I try to drop the user or the table I get

ORA-04098: trigger 'SYS.JIS$ROLE_TRIGGER$' is invalid and failed re-validation.

does this mean that I missed something out in the set up of the database, something like the catlog or catproc scripts as I thought that these were automatically run from the wizard.

The solution in the Oracle books says disable or drop the trigger? but surely this cant be the correct way to fix the problem as this is a system owed trigger.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Received on Tue Sep 11 2001 - 06:43:37 CDT