Re: maximum columns

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 23:59:50 +0200

"kshathrya" <kshathrya_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:tpq4oiic3bgbe3_at_corp.supernews.com...
> Hi,
> I have a dataset which had 7000 columns and 38 rows. What is the best
> way to load it into the database. Is there a different algorithm i can
use.
> WHat is the maximum columns supported by oracle?
>
> thanks
> ks

1000.
Please try to look up questions like this in your manual, in this case the Oracle Server Reference Manual. As Oracle comes with a master index, that shouldn't be too difficult a task.
Apart from that a table with 1000 columns would most likely be highly unnormalized.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Sep 10 2001 - 16:59:50 CDT