Re: oraclexmlsql.jar - where is it?

From: Bob Root <bob.root_at_motorola.com>
Date: 10 Sep 2001 12:05:59 -0700

"rsk" <rkopitzke_at_earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<VYsj7.7278$Fv3.581564_at_newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...
> All the instructions I've seen for the Oracle XSQL Servlet say to add
> oraclexmlsql.jar to the engine's CLASSPATH but I can't seem to find the file
> anywhere. I've tried the Oracle 8.1.7 cd's, the xdk for java download and
> the JDev installation and nothing.
>
> Anyone have a clue on where I can get this jar from?
>
> Thanks,
> Rick

I ran into this problem running the xsql shell script on my Solaris installation. Changing the classpath in the shell script $ORACLE_HOME/bin/xsql to include the following worked with jdk1.3:

$JDK_HOME/lib/classes.zip
$ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib/classes12.zip
$ORACLE_HOME/jlib/sax2.jar
$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/jlib/xsu12.jar
$ORACLE_HOME/lib/xmlparserv2.jar
$ORACLE_HOME/lib/oraclexsql.jar
$ORACLE_HOME/lib

Hope this helps. BTW, I had to look at the xsql.bat file for Windows to determine the correct classpath setting. Received on Mon Sep 10 2001 - 14:05:59 CDT