User roles...

From: newbie <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 00:01:25 +1200

Sorry if this appears to be a noddy question but...

I have a fresh installation of Oracle 8.1.7 on NT. The database has a number of default roles included.

I have created a dba user and granted the dba role. fine and dandy...

I want to create a 'basic' user similar to the 'SCOTT' user you normally have...

The user 'scott' isn't included. ( I thought that was a basic/test user and included, at db creation)

What role would scott have normally had? is it one of the weirdly-named defaults (i,e AQ_USER_ROLE)

If not, what typical priveledges would you include to make a 'basic' user role with priveledges the same as SCOTT? Received on Mon Sep 10 2001 - 07:01:25 CDT