Re: pros and cons of using stored procedures

From: Ian Ledzion <ian.ledzion_at_lgxbow.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 09:10:52 +0200

I had a chat with one of the senior Oracle techies at Openworld about where the logic should go, and what language to put it in. Basically anything which involves table access should be in PL/SQL packages, not stand-alone functions or procedures. Computing, but not data, intensive logic can be either in the database as Java or in the application server layer, 3 or 4 below.

No surprises there, then.