Char sets and the direct export - is there a workaround?

From: David Van Zandt <dvanzandt_at_iquest.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 17:43:50 -0500

I was trying to set up a common export parameter file for multiple databases, using the direct=y switch. Obviously this fails for those instances that have a character set other than the host o/s (HPUX).

In SQLPlus I would of course simply alter the session. But from the o/s command prompt, not an option that I'm aware of.

Ideas gratefully welcomed, and thanks. Received on Sat Sep 08 2001 - 17:43:50 CDT