Re: why don't you guys answer newbies questions?

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 14:27:52 GMT

I don't mind answering newbies questions IF they make some sort of attempt at trying to find the answer.
What I am looking for is some indication that they have read the documentation. Sure they may not understand it or may need some clarification; fine, glad to help there. But I don't do home work and I don't do development for free. Be glad to help clarify, explain in a different way or point out where they can read the documentation.

So it is not a reluctance to newbies it is a reluctance to people that don't try to help themselves at all. Sure if they were blond and beautiful and batted their eyelashes at me I might be more receptive... :-) Jim