Re: why don't you guys answer newbies questions?

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 15:27:02 +0400

Well,

not to offend your feelings in any way, but I think that absurd questions should not be answered. Most of such questions are coming from people lazy enough to at least read the documentation for the product to find the answer and feel themselves more comfortable cross-posting the question into comp.databases.* in hope that some generous veteran will have mercy on them, recall the time when he was a newbie himself and will waste his time cutting and pasting the answer from the documentation which in fact was all the time within a couple of mouse clicks for the asking. Me personally dislike people who'd rather beg for help on first occasion than try to resolve the problem by themselves first. Sorry if my opinion hurt anyone here.

Dynamic PSP(tm) - the first true RAD toolkit for Oracle-based internet applications. All opinions are mine and do not necessarily go in line with those of my employer.