Re: How can I read Variables returned from a Stored Procedure

From: Guntram Ulrich <ulrich_at_vivai.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 11:26:33 +0200

Hi Xavier,

thank you very much for your answer, but I donīt have any possibility to change anything on the Oracle Database.

Guntram

"Xavier Neys" <xavier.neys_at_12move.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9n8i2d$6he$1_at_news1.xs4all.nl...
> Hi Guntram,
>
> I believe you can use parameters if you work with ADO but I never tried
that as I have always stuck to pass-through queries and left
> Oracle do all the work. So here is how I solved this kind of problem :
> (this may be more work than you expected)
>
> . Create a package with a procedure which calls your ...put_request()
procedure and stores the OUT params in package variables
> . Create one function for each parameter in the same package. Each
function should simply do a return VARx;
> . Use a pass-through query to call your package procedure instead of the
current one
> . Use a second pass-through query that does a select pkg.f1, pkg.f2,...
from dual; to retrieve the results

> As an extra thought, do not forget to use the pragmas restrict WNDS in the
package definition to let Oracle allow you to select the