I need help, create database hangs

From: Buz <buzonunQUITAESTO_at_ESTONOwanadoo.es>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 02:21:31 +0200

I have
Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.1 Red Hat 7.1
192 MB RAM.
Custom Instalation

The instalation ended OK, it says "instalation completed" and shows the button "New instalation".
But when I try to create a new database with dbassist, I choose the parameters and I choose to save to a script.

Later I execute the script (SID=DBPROBA1 then i put script name as DBPROBA1create.sh) and when it is excuting the first script DBPROBA1run.sh , it takes a long long time doing apparently nothing, I let it run for 45 minutes and then killed -9 proccesses. When I run sqlplus from oracle account and I try to login as dba user it says:
ERROR:
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist Linux Error: 2: Not such file or directory

How can I start Oracle Server?
How long does Oracle take to create a new database? It seems the script DBPROBA1 is hanging, do you know why?

Thanks in advance,
Buz. Received on Thu Sep 06 2001 - 19:21:31 CDT