Re: SQL*Plus report formatting

From: Jon Schlatter <*jon-schlatter_at_stamats.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 09:40:58 -0500

I tried the TO_NUMBER as described, but cannot get it to work properly. Here is a brief view of my select statement, maybe you can correct my error.

SELECT P.CUSTOMER_REF,P.JOB_MANAGER_REF, P.PROJECT_NO, TO_NUMBER(P.JOB_NO, '99'), P.DES1, P.EST_COMPLETION_DATE, P.DEADLINE_DATE, P.UD_NOTE FROM K.PA_JOB What am I doing wrong? If this enough info to tell?

The word wrap issue deal with my Descripiton field. It is 2000 charaters long , but on the report it is only 31 character wide. I want to make sure the lines wrap at least on a per word basis. You are prbably right with the word_wrapped command. I will attempt to find it in my books. Do you know of a good source for these commands? I have three different books I look through now and still can't seem to find some of these answers.

Thanks
Jon