SQL*Plus report formatting

From: Jon Schlatter <*jon-schlatter_at_stamats.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 08:59:21 -0500

I am struggling through writing a report in SQL* Plus and have a few formatting questions.

  1. Is it possible to suppress the statement of the number of lines at the end of a query? (xxxx rows selected)
  2. How does the TO_NUMBER function work? I have a varchar2 field that acutally houses a number (not my db design) and need to convert it to a number so that it will sort properly. Is there another way to do this?
  3. Can I control any of the page setup parameters of the spool file? It is defaulting to portrait and I need landscape.
  4. Is it possible to control the wrapping of text within a column?

I know this is a lot of questions at once, but I figure this is probably pretty basic stuff to most people reading this. TIA for the help!
Jon Received on Thu Sep 06 2001 - 08:59:21 CDT