Re: OO4OLE - Specified class not registered in registry

From: Ken Sutherland <ken_at_j-mac.co.jp>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 13:12:05 +0900

I was finally able to get it to work by installing Oracle Objects for OLE from the CD. I'm beginning to suspect that I need to install OLE 2 with my application. Perhaps this is the majic that the OO4OLE installer performed. I was assuming that OLE would be installed with Internet Explorer (v 5.5). Now I'm trying to re-install Windows to get back to a "clean" install so that I can check this.

"Ken Sutherland" <ken_at_j-mac.co.jp> wrote in message news:9n4k4u$agg$1_at_j1-035.rd.j-mac.co.jp...
> I have developed a database browser application with MFC using Oracle
> Objects for OLE.
>
> The program runs on my computer, but when I install it on another client
and
> attempt to execut it, I get the message "Specified class not registered in
> registry".

<SNIP> Received on Wed Sep 05 2001 - 23:12:05 CDT