SET with sysdate as a character string

From: corp.supernews.com <cdanforth_at_airadigmNOSPAM.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 10:16:49 -0500

Hello

I am reletively new to sql and what I need is to update a field with tomorrow's date as yyyymmdd as a character string. Here is an example part of my script:

UPDATE tablename
SET fieldname= '-r -y -d 20010905'

What I am trying to do is write a script in perl to automate this sql script to update this field so it puts in tomorrows date. I've tried using to_char(sysdate +1, 'yyyymmdd'), but failed. Any ideas? Received on Wed Sep 05 2001 - 10:16:49 CDT