Solution to Not in Streaming Mode error

From: A Developer <bob____villa_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Sep 2001 05:41:28 -0700

If you receive the Not in Streaming Mode error while using JDBC and Oracle, the only real solution to fix the problem is to remove all LONG columns from your databases, and convert them to CLOBs or BLOBs. We were having this problem multiple times a day even though we followed everything in the JDBC guides about using LONGs.

Once all of our columns were converted to CLOBs/BLOBs and we used the JDBC guide for working with LOBs to ensure we used them properly, the problem went away completely. I hope this helps other people who face this problem. There was no advice out there when I ran into it at our company, so I am making sure that now there will be some. Received on Wed Sep 05 2001 - 07:41:28 CDT