Problem: Starting Universal Installer under Suse Linux 7.2

From: Alexander Schneider <aschneider_at_gicmbh.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 10:57:54 +0200

hi there!

when i start the runInstaller from the Oracle 8i (8.1.7 for Linux) CD on my Suse Linux 7.2 the installer tells me that "The Java RunTime Environment was not found at </bin/jre"
but i installed the JRE from the Suse-CD. okay, at first it was not at bin/jre, but i put a link in there to the real directory. but it still doesn't work.
i stayed close to the documentation, but it doesn't work out. are there any tricks i have to think of?

i'm thankful for any help!
-Alex- Received on Wed Sep 05 2001 - 03:57:54 CDT