Oracle 8i server for 1000 users, what choice ?

From: Serge Maurey <s.maurey_at_gcii.fr>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 15:30:40 +0100

I need to make a choice for an Oracle 8i server: platform and software. My purpose is to serve one instance with about 100 tablepaces of about 700 Mo each. My platform must support 1000 users and about 30 simultaneous requests. I need to replicate this database server. What kind of OS is better: Solaris, Linux, NT and why. What are the better hardware, processors and storage, and replication solutions.

A lot of thanks in advance for any advice or address.

Serge Maurey Received on Tue Sep 04 2001 - 09:30:40 CDT