Dont Quote Me

From: Raymond Sebuwufu <sleepinglion40_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 15:10:16 +0100

Dear all I am trying to insert data into a varchar(255) field. Normally this would not be a problem but the data has single quotes in it which confuses the SQL interpreter.

Ex. INSERT INTO TABLE (ADDRESSFIELD) VALUES ('20 Dunaway's Lane, London');

The apostophe is interpreted by SQL as terminating the string.

I have tried both escape sequences "\" and "{}" however they just seem to add themselves to the final data which I do not want. I want the data in the database as it is present without the escape sequences.

Please reply as soon as you can if you know the answer to this most frustrating problem.

Regards

Raymond Received on Mon Sep 03 2001 - 09:10:16 CDT