Re: How to start with ORACLE?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 22:43:28 +0200

"Tom Miskiewicz" <miskiewicz2_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Y2vk7.2$DY5.106_at_news.ecrc.de...
> Hi!
>
> I'd like to start learn Oracle, not only to make an OCP but to build
> really comprehensive knowledge about the system. I have a system
> I could play with everyday, so experimenting enviroment shouldn't be
> a problem. Question, what is the best way to achieve this? Can you
> recommend any book to learn fundamentals or any other sources?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

Start reading the Oracle Concepts manual in your documentation Buy Oracle 8i the complete reference by Kevin Loney (published by Osborne/Oracle Press)
and the Oracle 8i DBA handbook also by Kevin Loney. As both last books weigh about a ton, they should keep you off the road for a while :)

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Sun Sep 02 2001 - 15:43:28 CDT