Re: Releasing an Oracle PL/SQL Web Toolkit application under the GPL

From: Mark Rittman <mark.rittman_at_orange.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 22:05:39 +0100

Austin,

I've just had some feedback from someone who points out that issuing the program under the GPL actually limits it's usefulness to other oracle developers. If this is the case, and given that I'm geniunely trying to put some code out to be of use to other people, what course of action should I follow?

Would you suggest actually not licensing it, just putting it out 'as is'? How do I do this without any comeback to myself incase the program causes problems for someone?

thanks

Mark

"Mark Rittman" <mark.rittman_at_orange.net> wrote in message news:9msv0m$10b$1_at_uranium.btinternet.com...
> Thanks Austin,
>
> I took a look at Steve's site and noted that it is released as Open
Source,
> but couldn't see if the license used was the GPL. From what I know about
the
> author's political views, though, I imagine this would be the case!
>
> Just as an aside, why did you say 'more's the pity' when mentionin the
GPL?